|Material: Machined aluminum and stainless steel|
|Backing capacity: (1.5) 100 yards 20 #, (2) 100 yards 20 #, (3) 225 yards 20 #, (3.5) 250 yards 20 #, (4) 250 yards 30 #|
|Diameter: (1.5) 3.25 x 1.10 in, (2) 3.50 x 1.10 in, (3) 3.75 x 1.25 in, (3.5) 4.00 x 1.38 in, (4) 4.50 x 1.50 in|
|Drag system: Conical|
|Claimed weight: (1.5) 3.38 oz, (2) 3.74 oz, (3) 4.63 oz, (3.5) 5.10 oz, (4) 7.95 oz|
|Fly line weight: (1.5) WF4, (2) WF6, (3) WF8, (3.5) WF9, (4) WF10|
Lite and Speedy: It’s all in the name.
It didn’t take long for Waterworks-Lamson to completely rejuvenate their Litespeed fly fishing reels. The Litespeed IV picks up where the Litespeed II left off, and with more emphasis on technology development from Waterworks-Lamson, the new Litespeed IV for 2014 has something to offer every angler, regardless of your experience level or the type of fish you are chasing. Here are just a few of the features that this reel can deliver:
- Traditional Waterworks-Lamson large arbor fly fishing reel format has been refined to reduce the weight of the reel, and designed to keep backing out of the way so that you can use the full arbor and experience rapid retrieval rates, less kinking and consistent drag
- Machined aluminum and stainless steel for strength and durability
- Conical drag system with stainless steel zero-lash roller clutch to ensure seamless engagement of the drag system
- Completely sealed housing and hard Alox anodized finish to protect the reel in any conditions
- Revised spool, stripping arm geometry to minimize snags and line damage
This reel is certainly an improvement on previous Litespeed models, which were already of such a high quality that it really does make this reel difficult to believe. As well as the above features, the reel comes with the following:
- Complimentary neoprene reel case for safety during transport and storage
- Ultra-smooth design that will ensure you have the most attractive reel on the water
- Lifetime warranty courtesy of Waterworks-Lamson for peace of mind whenever you’re using it
Basic Care and Maintenance of your Lamson Litespeed Series IV Fly Fishing Reel
Pros: So much thought and consideration have gone into the design of this reel that just about every feature is a pro of owning the Litespeed Series IV. In terms of progress from the Series II or III, the main pros of this reel are the reduced weight and faster retrieval rates, a combination that will make your wildest fishing dreams come true.
Cons: It is important to note that Series IV spools are not compatible with previous Litespeed models, and the Series IV reel is not compatible with previous model spools.
Owner’s Manual: Everything you need to know about owning your Litespeed Series IV reel can be found here: http://waterworks-lamson.com/wp-content/uploads/care.pdf