|Material: 6061 aluminum|
|Backing capacity: [I] (WF2) 75 yards / 20lb, 125 yards / 12 lb, [II] (WF4) 125 yards / 20 lb, (WF6) 125 yards / 20 lb, [III] (WF6) 125 yards / 20 lb, (WF8) 150 yards / 35 lb, [IV] (WF8) 200 lb / 20 lb, 250 yards / 35 lb, [V] (WF10) 225 yards / 30 lb, (WF12) 325 yards / 35 lb, [VI] (WF12) 325 yards / 30 lb, 525 yards / 35 lb|
|Diameter: [I] 3 in, [II] 3.3 in, [III] 3.6 in, [IV] 3.9 in, [V] 4.25 in, [VI] 4.5 in|
|Drag system: [I-II] two carbon washer drag system, [III-V] four carbon washer drag system, [VI] six carbon washer drag system|
|Weight: Titanium, IV: 220g Gold, III: 155g|
|Fly line weight: [I] 2WF, [II] 4WF, 6WF, [III] 6WF, 8WF, [IV] 10WF, 12WF, [V] 10WF, 12WF, [IV] 12WF|
No job (or fish) is too big.
In recent years, the fly reel market has been flooded with an influx of large arbor reels. With so many to choose from, it can be difficult to know which large arbor model will best suit your needs. The Hydros series from Orvis comes with an advantage – it is incredibly versatile and can be used in a range of different fly fishing scenarios, excelling in everything from river trout to the hungriest of tuna. Available in a wide range of sizes and weights, this anodized aluminum reel will last you for years to come even following extensive use in saltwater. Designed with strength and durability in mind, the Hydros won’t let you down, no matter what you put it through.
- Precision-machined 6061 airplane grade aluminum to guarantee longevity
- Center line drag with a stainless steel and carbon surface, designed to allow for maximum line pick up and provide the strength and amount of line needed to fight big fish
- Heavily ventilated design to reduce weight and ensure balance with your rod
- Indexed drag knob to allow for repeatable drag adjustments, allowing you to fight fish in almost any circumstance
- Easy interchangeable spool
- Drag system composed of stacked carbon washers controlled by a positive click adjustment system
Each Hydros reel comes with a free cloth bag to ensure safe storage and transport, as well as a 25 year warranty from Orvis.
Pros: The versatility of this reel is where it really stands head and shoulders above its competitors, as it is rare for a true large arbor reel to be able to be used in so many different fishing scenarios. For the price, this is a fantastic choice as your all round, go to reel.
Cons: Some users have noted that running line can escape between the gap between the reel and the spool, which can result in a reel jam and lost fish.