|Material: Stainless steel and carbon drag materials; aluminum housing|
|Backing capacity: 100 yards/20 lb (3/4wt and 5/6 wt), 200 yards/20 lb (7/8wt), 200 yards/30 lb (9/10wt)|
|Diameter: 3.25 in (3/4wt), 3.625 in (5/6wt), 4 in (7/8wt), 4.25 in (9/10wt)|
|Left and right handed operation: Yes|
|Claimed weight: 3.75 oz (3/4wt), 4.125 oz (5/6wt), 6.125 oz (7/8wt), 7.5 oz (9/10wt)|
|Recommended use: Fly fishing|
The Sage 4200 Series Fly Fishing Reel
Stylish, simplistic and technologically advanced for superior performance.
If you’re looking for a user friendly, high performance and exceptional quality fly fishing reel that specializes in power and smoothness without the usual bulk or weight, this is certainly the reel for you. Whether you are a beginner or experienced angler, the 4200 Series from Sage has something to offer. This compact, lightweight reel is easy to transport and travel with, and won’t add undue weight to the butt of the rod. The 4200 Series draws on the vast experience and ingenuity of the Sage team to offer the following features:
- A one-revolution drag knob offering three configurations for quick and precise drag settings in any and every fishing situation.
- Smooth and reliable sealed carbon disc drag system, creating smooth resistance, allowing for greater line feel, and offering the ability to make more casts without fatigue.
- Drag range on each reel size is cleverly refined for the corresponding line weight/fishery.
The above features of the 4200 Series from Sage will do nothing but enhance your experience and improve your technique and success. The reel also comes with a great range of additional features, including the following:
- Corrosion resistant and ultra durable fully machined housing. Drag system also impervious to water and dirt, requiring no more cleaning than a simple rinse
- Neoprene case for easy, safe storage and peace of mind during transport
- Easy conversion from left to right hand retrieve
- Quick-change spool mechanism, allowing you to swap out lines in seconds
- Appropriately sized ergonomic handles as per reel size
- Available in a variety of different colors
Pros: Ultimately, it is the overall user friendliness and high performance that users note as setting this reel apart from the rest. The reel is smooth and durable, but also incredibly versatile and can be used to enhance just about any set up.
Cons: Every user review gives the 4200 Series a five star rating, and buyers believe that the price tag on this reel puts it among the leading reels in the $300 price range. As this is still a relatively new product, it is possible, albeit unlikely, that problems will arise in the future regarding its durability.