|Core: Braided multifilament|
|Front taper: [2wt] 5 ft, [3wt] 5.5 ft, [4wt] 6 ft, [5wt] 6.5 ft, [6wt] 7 ft, [7wt] 7.5 ft, [8wt] 8 ft, [9wt] 8.5 ftBelly: [2wt] 23 ft, [3wt] 24 ft, [4wt] 25 ft, [5wt] 26 ft, [6wt] 27 ft, [7wt] 28 ft, [8wt] 29 ft, [9wt] 30 ftRear taper: [2wt] 4 ft, [3wt] 4.5 ft, [4wt] 5 ft, [5wt] 5.5 ft, [6wt] 6 ft, [7wt] 6.5 ft, [8wt] 7 ft, [9wt] 7.5 ft
Running line: [2wt] 58 ft, [3wt] 56 ft, [4wt] 54 ft, [5wt] 52 ft, [6wt] 50 ft, [7wt] 53 ft, [8wt] 51 ft, [9wt] 49 ft
|Overall length: 90 ft|
|Fly line type: Floating|
|Taper design: WF|
|Tip: 0.5 ft (all lengths)|
Cleverly designed for exceptional results
This fly line is designed for use in cold to temperate water, and simply put, won’t let you down when used in these conditions. The tapered design of this line has been designed like no other, to provide the Mastery Series with the ability to easily cast more flies than ever. Scientific Anglers certainly have lived up to their name with this fly line, its development, design and production are nothing but scientific. If you’re looking for a great all round line to use in freshwater, it’s hard to go past the Mastery Series from SA.
- Dry Tip Technology utilizes 3M Microballoon techniques to enhance floatation along the tip
- Multifilament core is braided, and offers low stiffness and a moderate delivery
- Advanced Shooting Technology (AST) allows better floatation, greater casting length and friction-less movement by shedding dirt, algae and other particles from the line
- Low memory core specifically designed to allow perfect presentation of dry flies with no line coil
- Convenient Scientific Anglers Line Identification (SA-ID) means that you can identify your line quickly and easily
- Line is built half a size heavy to be used with fast-action rods
- Streamlined loops are welded and allow for quick rigging
Whether you’re looking for a freshwater line to use for dries and terrestrials, or one that you can cast a nymph with, the Mastery Series from Scientific Anglers is the perfect floating line for you. Using all sorts of clever new technologies to ensure optimal performance, you can be sure that there isn’t a more scientific line on the market today.
Pros: Many users believe that this line from SA is the perfect line to use for fast action rods. If your rod has a fast action, the Mastery Series from Scientific Anglers will probably provide you with the best possible outcome.
Cons: Some users do note that this line from Scientific Anglers seems a little stiff, but ultimately this comes down to personal preference and what you are used to.