|Material: Premium-grade cork (handle), carbon fiber (rod)|
|Length: 6 ft, 7 ft, 9 ft, 10 ft (#2), 6 ft 6 in, 7 ft, 9 ft, 10 ft, 11 ft (#3), 7 ft 6 in, 8 ft, 9 ft, 10 ft, 11 ft (#4), 8 ft 6 in, 10 ft (#5), 8 ft 6 in, 9 ft (#6)|
|Rod weight: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6|
|Handle: Reverse half wells (RHW), Full wells with extension handle (RHW + EH)|
|Reel seats: 6061 alloy|
|Weight: 6 ft: 2.11 oz; 6 ft 6 in: 2.18-2.43 oz; 7 ft: 2.43 oz; 7 ft 6 in: 2.46 oz; 8 ft: 2.75 oz; 8 ft 6 in: 2.85 oz; 9 ft: 2.92-3.2 oz; 10 ft: 3.17-3.31 oz; 11 ft: 3.38-4.45 oz|
Greys XF2 Streamflex Fly Rod – 4 Piece
For optimal success on the river.
[vc_button title=”Best Deal” target=”_blank” color=”blue” href=”http://flyfishforfun.com/GreysXF2StreamflexFlyRod4Piece”] [vc_button title=”Buy Local” target=”_blank” color=”orange” href=”http://flyfishforfun.com/GreysXF2StreamflexFlyRod4Piece”]
Sometimes, you can tell a rod is capable of good things as soon as you wrap your hands around it. This is certainly the case with the XF2 Streamflex flyrod series from Greys. This four-piece fly rod is capable of everything from afternoon nymphing in your favorite river to early morning dry fly casting on a pristine lake. If you’re new to the complex world of fly fishing, this rod will help ensure your casting mistakes are forgiven, and if you’re a seasoned fly angler you will be amazed by the precision and power provided by the XF2 Streamflex. Wherever you sit on the skill spectrum, this rod has something to offer.
- High modulus carbon construction provides an extremely lightweight construction with a calculated amount of flex and a quick action
- High grade cork and composite handle is smooth to grasp and ensures the reel is perfectly balanced
- Reel is firmly locked in place with twin reel seat locking nuts and classy anodized aluminum reel seat with maple burl spacers
- Handle of Reverse Half Wells model has a larger front end, making it perfect for those with larger hands
According to Greys, they have redesigned the original Streamflex with redesigned blanks and custom fittings, while maintaining and improving the trademark smoothness and in-hand balance. This fly fishing rod certainly isn’t lacking in finesse, power or precision.
- Easily assemble rod in just a few seconds with section line-up marks
- Triangular Cordura rod tube for safety during storage and transport
- Lifetime warranty courtesy of Greys
Pros: For many users, one advantage of this rod is its versatility. By purchasing just the XF2 Streamflex, you suddenly have a rod that you can use for everything from nymph fishing on small creeks to chasing trophy rainbows in big rivers.
Cons: Some reviewers do note that this rod can be somewhat stiff, and on occasion it may be possible to pull hooks out when striking.
User manual: Care information and operation guides for the XF2 Streamflex can be found on the Greys website: http://fly.greysfishing.com/en-us/customer-service/rod-care.php